DHX-360 DISC HARROW
- The DHX’s two rows of 18” eight wave coulters on 7.2” spacing followed by five bars of 5/8” x 26” heavy harrow tines allows it to efficiently chop straw, mix residue with the ground all while spreading and levelling.
- The coulters are mounted to a four-bolt service free hub and a specially designed flat bar shank. The four-bolt hub includes an Over Cap, a Grass Wrap Guard, a V-Seal and a Triple Lip Seal protecting back to back ball bearings that will provide years of trouble-free use. The hub is completely rebuild-able to help reduce service costs and down time. The flat bar shank has been designed out of ½” x 4” 6150 spring steel for long life excellent ground following.
- The harrow tine coils are designed to get larger towards the outside of the tine to reduce stress during field operation. All harrows are controlled hydraulically for on the go adjustment. The down pressure on the harrow section can be easily adjusted with two large tension springs.
- There is a single point depth control for the discs mounted at the rear of the machine. Simply move the adjustment along the slide to set your disc depth.
- The main frame of the DHX is made from 12” x 12” 3/8” thick tubing making the machine robust and providing the necessary weight to make the disks extremely effective. The wing frames have been designed to carry almost an additional 3,000 lbs of water which adds an extra 30 lbs force to each disk for increased penetration if needed.
- The wing knuckle is made from 2” plate and uses 2.5” diameter Nitrided pins and MLG fibre bushings making it service free.
- No more Cables! The DHX incorporates a hydraulic lock for the wing tension links. Cables stretch and can catch on things and inadvertently open the lock during operation. The new hydraulic actuated lock eliminates all those issues and incorporates a lock pin to ensure inadvertent actuation of the cylinder during field operation.
- The DHX units always have positive hitch weight in the transport position unlike many of the traditional harrows in the marketplace. This is achieved through over centering the frame when lifting the machine into transport position. This over centering also widens the clearances between the center section and wing for ground following in the transport position.
- Steerable wing wheels allow the unit to easily go in or out of transport mode. The tires are 500/45 22.5 radials.
|Working Width||36 ft|
|Transport Width||15.25 ft|
|Transport Height||14.5 ft|
|Transport Length||33.5 ft|
|# of Disc/Harrow Sections||3|
|Width of Sections||12 ft|
|Rows of Discs||2|
|Size of Discs||18"|
|Type of Disc||Straight, 8 wave|
|Width of Disc||2.25”|
|Disc Shank||1/2” x 4”|
|Disc Hub||4 bolt, sealed|
|Harrow Layout||5 bar|
|Harrow Tyne||5/8” x 26” with tip|
|Harrow Angle Adj.||35 - 90 degrees|
|Hubs||8 bolt - 10,000lb|
|Main Boom Tubing||12” x 12” x 3/8”|
|Number of Hyd. Outlets||4|
|Safety Lighting, SMV||Standard|
|Horsepower Required||7-9 Hp per foot width|