FX-742 ROTARY CUTTER
- 42 foot (12.8m) cutting width is the world’s largest rotary cutter. Use 1 cutter where traditionally 2 or 3 cutters were needed. Cover more ground & reduce the number of tractors and fuel costs.
- Unique 5-plex design flexibility allows for a 118” (3m) transport width.
- Available with stump jumpers for pasture and grass maintenance or with Schulte’s fixed knife and baffle technology for mulching crop residue such as straw, corn or cotton stalks.
- Unmatched rotary cutter reliability with a premium Bondioli & Pavesi SFT drive & gearbox system.
- Size 10 main CV with an over running clutch provides worry free shut downs.
- Fully compatible for all row crop cutting in 30”, 32”, 38”, 40” and one metre row spacing.
- A parallel solid tongue hitch maintains even load on the tractor draw bar.
- Full rubber grommet suspension across the entire unit reduces shock loading and maintains even cutting, even in the roughest of conditions.
- Unique driveline arrangement allows for independent clutch protection for each down rotor.
- A continuously welded 10 gauge domed deck adds strength and durability to our largest rotary cutter.
|Cutting Width||42ft (12.8m)|
|Overall Width||42.9ft (13.1m)|
|Overall Length||24.25ft (7.4m)|
|Cutting Height||2" - 16" (51mm - 406mm)|
|Transport Width||118" (3m)|
|Row Crop Wheel Trans. Width||146” (3.7m)|
|Transport Height||165" (13.75 ft or 4.2 m)|
|Weight||18,000lbs (8165 kg) depending upon configuration|
|Hitch Weight||6,500lbs (2950 kg) depending upon configuration|
|Cutting capacity||2" (51mm)|
|Minimum Tractor Size||250 hp (186 kW) ensure drawbar can support weight|
|Blade Tip Speed||16,300 ft/min (4970 m/min)|
|Blade Overlap||6.5" (165mm)|
|Divider Box Rating||350 hp (261 kW)|
|T Box Ratings||180 hp (134 kW)|
|Down Box Ratings||210 hp (157 kW)|
|Deck Thickness||134" (10 ga) (3.4mm)|
|Skirt Thickness||1/4" (6.4mm)|
|Inside Wing Operating Range||11° down to 13° up|
|Outside Wing Operating Range||8° down to 10° up|
Schulte FX742 in Durum Wheat
Schulte's FX742 in Wheat Stubble
FX-742 Shredding Cotton in Georgia
Prairie Farm Report on Schulte FX742
FX-742 Edmonton Airport